Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 74 Part 2

My daughter has been the most convenient model for me to practice on lately, but I did take a bit of time yesterday to snap a few shots of the Toronto skyline.  I've been wanting to do this for a while but just haven't taken the time to actually go out and do it.  Thanks to some great info that I've been reading in Bryan Peterson's book Understanding Exposure I'm beginning to learn how to meter these types of scenes better than I've been able to in the past (when I probably would have ended up with a completely washed out sky and dull colours in the foreground).  If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it!


P.S.  My endorsement of this book in purely unsolicited.  I just like it and have found it very useful.

1 comment:

  1. I have Understanding Exposure, too - and I've read it over and over. I've even loaned it to friends who are just learning about photography. Beautiful skyline photo BTW :)

    ReplyDelete