Tuesday, October 4, 2011

65/365 Playing With Backlighting and Monkey Kisses

I've been reading a few things about back lighting lately, so I thought I'd give it a try today.  Gabrielle was an unusually cooperative model, but I still had to distract her with some milk to get her to sit still long enough to practice.  I think I'm making some progress in terms of learning how to expose these types of images properly, but my camera is still really stretching to accommodate me.  I had to completely max out the ISO, shoot wide open, and choose a slower shutter speed than I was comfortable with.  On a positive note, I think I figured some things out in terms of spot metering, and these didn't turn into silhouettes this time.





We had a friend over the day and got the exersaucer up for her five month old.  Gabrielle became fascinated with it all over again, and loved experimenting with all the noises it can make.  She noticed the monkey right away gave it more kisses than I've gotten in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment