Monday, October 24, 2011

81/365 A Sunny Afternoon

The sun came out this afternoon, and Gabrielle and I had a wonderful stroll down by the waterfront.  I've been wanting to practice more with my zoom (70-200mm 4L), so this was the only one I took with me today.  I think I'm really starting to fall in love with this lens.

My munchkin has become a great little hiker, and it's so nice to be able to leave the stroller behind.  Of course, with her new-found mobility in public comes all sorts of other issues like keeping her from running in front of cyclers on the Martin Goodman, and from trying to make friends with every single dog that walks by.


It also makes it easier for her to develop her amazing ability to quickly find the most disgusting objects.  Today's finds included an ancient cigarette butt and an old cracked Tim Hortons cup full of swamp water.  Her fascination with this purple flower was a welcome relief.


I also spied on a few people with my zoom, like this fisherman below.


On another note, I think I'm developing an addiction to the Toronto skyline.  I love the way it constantly changes with the weather, and the sun at different times of the day.  This one was taken at about 6:00pm with some stormy clouds heading in, just was we were heading home.



No comments:

Post a Comment