Saturday, October 8, 2011

69/365 Busy Day

Today was a great start to a very busy weekend!  In the morning Gabrielle and I got together with a fellow CMer for some pictures by the Toronto waterfront.  In the afternoon we took a trip with Grampa out to the Willis Apple Orchard for some apple picking.


I took out the big guns today, and practiced with my sorely neglected 70-200L lens for a while.  I usually prefer my 50mm 1.4, but I think I fell in love with this zoom lens all over again today.  It's a bit strange to use a zoom after using primes for so long, but I want to get more comfortable with it because I LOVE the image quality (my own photography doesn't do it justice!).

Gabrielle had a blast, but also demonstrated an amazing ability to find the most disgusting, bug-infested, dirt-covered, worm-eaten apples, and plop them in the basket before any of us had a chance to inspect them.  I'm dreading the amount of throw aways I'll find when I go through our pickings later!


The poor kid worked up quite a sweat with all her "helping" and we had to strip her before we left.  She didn't mind at all!



 

4 comments:

  1. I love the one where she is wearing only a nappy, so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... fun memories! Love the backlighting on her hair in that last shot! What a sweet face. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely. Beautiful babies in orchards are one of my favorites. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first shot and the one of Gabrielle in her diaper!!! Very cute! I posted just two from our walk on my blog.

    ReplyDelete