Saturday, December 17, 2011

110/365 Christmas Experiment

When I first saw this chocolate covered Christmas tree in a cafe in the mall, I knew I wanted to try and make my own.  It doesn't look quite like the one in the mall, which was at least a foot high, straight as an arrow, covered in perfectly smooth chocolate, and complete with little white icing icicles.  Even though it's not perfect, it was still very fun to make.  I think it might just become a new Christmas tradition around here.



Instructions for making your own chocolate covered Christmas tree:
1. Bake a bunch of star shaped sugar cookies of various sizes
2. Melt at least 400 grams of milk chocolate on the stove in double broiler (or stainless steel bowl over a pot of hot water
3. Wait for the chocolate to cool a bit and dip the cookies in the melted chocolate
4. After the chocolate on the cookies have firmed a little, stack the cookies from largest to smallest, alternating the points of the stars
5. Decorate with different types of M&Ms.

2 comments:

  1. Oh!!!! That looks YUMMY. Who cares if it looks like the mall one. DIG IN! HA.

    We baked cookies for three hours with family members. It was SO fun. I love cookies and baking at Christmas. And no, I haven't got my tripod back, but I discovered my 35mm prime has the largest aperture and makes great bokeh. I love that lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! This would be great alongside a gingerbread house. How cute would that be? I'm going to have to remember this one for next year (no more time this year). Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete