Saturday, August 20, 2011

26/265 Going Manual

I learned two significant things today.  First of all, I really need to get calibrated!  While viewing my blog on someone else's computer today, I realized that my pictures look completely different, and not in a good way.  Secondly, all those photographers who insist that it's better to shoot in manual are absolutely right.  I've generally been shooting in shutter or aperture priority mode because I've been afraid of missing the shot but today I took the leap and shot only in manual.  I've found the exposure to be much more accurate and the colours much more true to life.
 
A flower in my mother-in-law's beautiful garden

I had lots of fun practicing on this statue with my 100mm macro lens.
This statue was about a foot high.

Gabrielle loves to sit in this wicker chair when she comes to visit her gran.  It's the perfect size for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment