Friday, August 19, 2011

25/365 Play Date and Photo Flub Friday

Today is Photo Flub Friday, my reflection day to look back at some of the errors that I've made over the past week(s) in order to avoid them in the future.  My most regrettable ones so far include attempting to photograph some gorgeous waterfalls without a tripod, forgetting to switch my lens back to automatic focus after it has been in manual, forgetting to reset my camera settings before taking pictures in a new situation, and attempting to capture some landscapes with an aperture that is much too large.  Sadly, I've also avoided using my kit lens (18-55mm) in favour of my newer and better quality ones, and missed out on some interesting photo opportunities as a result (everything else I have is in the 50mm to 200mm range).  I suppose the upside is that I have learned a few things as a result of these mistakes, and hopefully won't miss out on as many opportunities in the future.

Our little adventure today was a long-overdue play date for Gabrielle.  She loves babies, even though she hasn't seen too many this summer, and she had a great time with Poppy today.  Sharing her toys was a new concept at first, but it only took us about 5 minutes to get over this little hump.  The park was a huge success, as always, and they both loved this car.


 I'm not sure what was going through my little babe's head, but she took this car-riding very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment