Saturday, July 23, 2011

3/365

Today we hiked up to the top of Multnomah Falls, which was quite the hike considering it was only one and a quarter miles high.  I was rather impressed with all the little kids who made it up to the top while we were all huffing and puffing (except for Gabrielle, who enjoyed a free ride on her dad's back).  It was steep, but worth the hike.  The local legend is that these falls were created for a princess who wanted a private place to bath.

I was disappointed because I made the hike all the way up and part way back down before realizing that my lens was still in autofocus and a lot of the pictures that I had been taking were completely unsalvageable.  Even so, it was a great day.  I would have liked to practice with a tripod but it wouldn't fit in my suitcase on the way here, so I had to make do without it.

Top of the falls

Pool part way down

No comments:

Post a Comment